all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* Untabified info/dir breaks dir file parsing in info.el
@ 2008-12-08 22:55 David Engster
From: David Engster @ 2008-12-08 22:55 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-devel

The file info/dir was untabified, which seems to break parsing of the
dir file in Emacs. When I do

INFOPATH=<YOUR PREFIX>/share/info emacs -Q

and then M-x info (on a current checkout), I get the error "No such node
or anchor: Top". This is due to `Info-following-node-name' depending on
a tab between "Node: Top" and the following description. So I guess the
tab should be either put back in, or `Info-following-node-name-re' must
be adapted to handle spaces between node name and description.

-David

* Re: Untabified info/dir breaks dir file parsing in info.el
@ 2008-12-08 23:42 ` Eli Zaretskii
From: Eli Zaretskii @ 2008-12-08 23:42 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: David Engster; +Cc: emacs-devel

> From: David Engster <deng@randomsample.de>
> Date: Mon, 08 Dec 2008 23:55:15 +0100
>
> The file info/dir was untabified, which seems to break parsing of the
> dir file in Emacs. When I do
>
> INFOPATH=<YOUR PREFIX>/share/info emacs -Q
>
> and then M-x info (on a current checkout), I get the error "No such node
> or anchor: Top". This is due to `Info-following-node-name' depending on
> a tab between "Node: Top" and the following description. So I guess the
> tab should be either put back in, or `Info-following-node-name-re' must
> be adapted to handle spaces between node name and description.

Sorry, my bad.  Should be fixed now.