all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* Installing w3m under Win XP
@ 2008-05-20 17:32 Corey Foote
From: Corey Foote @ 2008-05-20 17:32 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

I'm looking for some detailed instruction for installing emacs-w3m
under Windows XP. The Emacs that I'm using came precompiled (from http://ftp.gnu.org/pub/gnu/auctex/auctex-11.85-pkg.tar.gz), so if I'm going to
need to compile anything, I'll need instructions on how to do that too. Thanks!

Sincerely,Corey Foote

http://im.live.com/Messenger/IM/Join/Default.aspx?source=EML_WL_ChangeWorld

* Re: Installing w3m under Win XP
@ 2008-05-20 18:40 ` Joel J. Adamson
From: Joel J. Adamson @ 2008-05-20 18:40 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Corey Foote; +Cc: help-gnu-emacs

Corey Foote <coreyfoote@hotmail.com> writes:

> Hi,
>
> I'm looking for some detailed instruction for installing emacs-w3m
> under Windows XP. The Emacs that I'm using came precompiled (from
> http://ftp.gnu.org/pub/gnu/auctex/auctex-11.85-pkg.tar.gz),

You may want to check and make sure that's actually Emacs.

> so if I'm going to need to compile anything, I'll need instructions on
> how to do that too. Thanks!

Have you checked the w3m homepage
(http://w3m.sourceforge.net/index.en.html), and the emacs-w3m homepage
(http://emacs-w3m.namazu.org/)?

Joel

--
Joel J. Adamson
Biostatistician

* Re: Installing w3m under Win XP
@ 2008-05-20 22:42   ` Johan Lindström
From: Johan Lindström @ 2008-05-20 22:42 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Joel J. Adamson, Corey Foote; +Cc: help-gnu-emacs

At 19:40 2008-05-20, Joel J. Adamson wrote:
>Corey Foote <coreyfoote@hotmail.com> writes:
> > I'm looking for some detailed instruction for installing emacs-w3m
> > under Windows XP.
>Have you checked the w3m homepage
>(http://w3m.sourceforge.net/index.en.html), and the emacs-w3m homepage

Fortunately w3m is part of Cygwin. So the easiest way to get it
installed on Windows is using the regular Cygwin setup program.

>(http://emacs-w3m.namazu.org/)?

I don't recall exactly, but I think it worked to follow the
"Installing on non-UNIX-like systems" instructions. I may have had to
manually install some of the mentioned dependencies (or if I just
ignored those, I don't remember).

/J