all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* How can a copies of all email get forwarded to gmail ?...
@ 2008-03-05 17:10 Don Saklad
From: Don Saklad @ 2008-03-05 17:10 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs, dsaklad

How can a copies of all email get forwarded to gmail ?... so all email
remains here.

* Re: How can a copies of all email get forwarded to gmail ?...
@ 2008-03-05 17:16 ` Bastien
From: Bastien @ 2008-03-05 17:16 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Don Saklad; +Cc: help-gnu-emacs

Don Saklad <dsaklad@gnu.org> writes:

> How can a copies of all email get forwarded to gmail ?... so all email
> remains here.

Depends on your mail client.

(Please ring at the right door.)

--
Bastien

* How can a copies of all email get forwarded to gmail ?...
@ 2008-03-05 17:24 Don Saklad
From: Don Saklad @ 2008-03-05 17:24 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs, dsaklad

How can a copies of all email get forwarded to gmail ?... so all email
remains here.

> Depends on your mail client.

     How do you determine the mail client ?...

> (Please ring at the right door.)

     Please explain...

* Re: How can a copies of all email get forwarded to gmail ?...
@ 2008-03-05 17:40 ` Bastien Guerry
       [not found] ` <mailman.8366.1204738957.18990.help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org>
From: Bastien Guerry @ 2008-03-05 17:40 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Don Saklad; +Cc: help-gnu-emacs

Don Saklad <dsaklad@zurich.csail.mit.edu> writes:

> How can a copies of all email get forwarded to gmail ?... so all email
> remains here.
>
>> Depends on your mail client.
>
>      How do you determine the mail client ?...

I get confused.

You question is "How can a copies of all email get forwarded to gmail
?... so all email remains here.".  Which basically means (at least for
me) that you want your mail client to copy all of the mail you send to
your gmail inbox, in order for you to archive them.

My answer: check the documentation of your email client.

If you send

--
Bastien

* Re: How can a copies of all email get forwarded to gmail ?...
@ 2008-03-05 17:42 ` Bastien
       [not found] ` <mailman.8366.1204738957.18990.help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org>
From: Bastien @ 2008-03-05 17:42 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Don Saklad; +Cc: help-gnu-emacs

Don Saklad <dsaklad@zurich.csail.mit.edu> writes:

> How can a copies of all email get forwarded to gmail ?... so all email
> remains here.
>
>> Depends on your mail client.
>
>      How do you determine the mail client ?...

I get confused.

You question is "How can a copies of all email get forwarded to gmail
?... so all email remains here.".  Which basically means (at least for
me) that you want your mail client to copy all of the mail you send to
your gmail inbox, in order for you to archive them.

My answer: check the documentation of your email client.

Maybe do you send emails from Emacs with M-x mail ?

Then adding a Cc: youraddress@gmail.com should do it.

>> (Please ring at the right door.)
>
>      Please explain...

If you don't use Emacs for sending mails, this is the wrong place to
ask... but maybe I was wrong assuming you were not using Emacs.

--
Bastien

@ 2008-03-05 23:54   ` Richard G Riley
From: Richard G Riley @ 2008-03-05 23:54 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

Bastien <bzg@altern.org> writes:

> Don Saklad <dsaklad@zurich.csail.mit.edu> writes:
>
>> How can a copies of all email get forwarded to gmail ?... so all email
>> remains here.
>>
>>> Depends on your mail client.
>>
>>      How do you determine the mail client ?...
>
> I get confused.
>
> You question is "How can a copies of all email get forwarded to gmail
> ?... so all email remains here.".  Which basically means (at least for
> me) that you want your mail client to copy all of the mail you send to
> your gmail inbox, in order for you to archive them.
>
> My answer: check the documentation of your email client.
>
> Maybe do you send emails from Emacs with M-x mail ?
>
> Then adding a Cc: youraddress@gmail.com should do it.
>
>>> (Please ring at the right door.)
>>
>>      Please explain...
>
> If you don't use Emacs for sending mails, this is the wrong place to
> ask... but maybe I was wrong assuming you were not using Emacs.

gmail doesn't allow you to send email to yourself from the same account
smtp login afaik.