all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* [eddy@opera.com: Re: M-x compile re-uses name of old compilation buffer, contrary to documentation]
@ 2007-07-22  1:50 Richard Stallman
From: Richard Stallman @ 2007-07-22  1:50 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-devel

Would someone please DTRT and ack?
The fix should probably go in Emacs 22.

To: rms@gnu.org
CC: bug-gnu-emacs@gnu.org
Subject: Re: M-x compile re-uses name of old compilation buffer, contrary to documentation
From: Edward Welbourne <eddy@opera.com>
Date: Fri, 20 Jul 2007 16:54:22 +0200

I also notice that emcas 22's HTML-mode (the one provided by
sgml-mode) is treating /* and */ as comment-delimiters - at least as
far as font-lock-mode is concerned - possibly in support of comments
in embedded CSS style sheets, but maybe a bug in some mode-related
code borrowing off C by mistake.  Very tiresome in documents that talk
about files, e.g. "see source/*.mk for details."

	Eddy.

* [eddy@opera.com: Re: M-x compile re-uses name of old compilation buffer, contrary to documentation]
@ 2007-07-29  2:23 Richard Stallman
From: Richard Stallman @ 2007-07-29  2:23 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-devel

[I sent this message twice did not get a response.]

To: rms@gnu.org
CC: bug-gnu-emacs@gnu.org
From: Edward Welbourne <eddy@opera.com>
Date: Fri, 20 Jul 2007 16:54:22 +0200

I also notice that emcas 22's HTML-mode (the one provided by
sgml-mode) is treating /* and */ as comment-delimiters - at least as
far as font-lock-mode is concerned - possibly in support of comments
in embedded CSS style sheets, but maybe a bug in some mode-related
code borrowing off C by mistake.  Very tiresome in documents that talk
about files, e.g. "see source/*.mk for details."

	Eddy.

* Re: Fwd: Re: M-x compile re-uses name of old compilation  buffer, contrary to documentation
@ 2007-07-29  2:54 ` Stefan Monnier
From: Stefan Monnier @ 2007-07-29  2:54 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: rms; +Cc: emacs-devel

> [I sent this message twice did not get a response.]
> Would someone please DTRT and ack?
> The fix should probably go in Emacs 22.

The bug is in a third-party css-mode package (not included in Emacs-22.1
and different from the css-mode package now included in the Emacs-22
branch).

@ 2007-07-30 16:44   ` Richard Stallman
From: Richard Stallman @ 2007-07-30 16:44 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Stefan Monnier; +Cc: emacs-devel

    The bug is in a third-party css-mode package (not included in Emacs-22.1
    and different from the css-mode package now included in the Emacs-22
    branch).

Thanks for DTRT.