all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* [yamaoka@jpl.org: custom bug]
@ 2007-03-05  2:56 Richard Stallman
From: Richard Stallman @ 2007-03-05  2:56 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-devel

Would someone please debug this, then ack?

Is this the same issue as the problem we recently discussed
(with the patch that needs to be removed)?

Date: Wed, 21 Feb 2007 14:42:19 +0900
From: Katsumi Yamaoka <yamaoka@jpl.org>
To: emacs-pretest-bug@gnu.org
Subject: custom bug
	autolearn=failed version=3.0.4

Hi,

Please try customizing the following option:

(defcustom foo 'foo
  "doc string"
  :type '(choice (const foo) (const bar)))

When I chose `bar', the value disappears in the screen.  Even if
I press the [Set for Current Session] button or the [Save for
Future Sessions] button, the value is still hidden.  I need to
press the [Hide Value] button twice or the [Erase Customization]
button to see the value.

Regards,

* Re: [yamaoka@jpl.org: custom bug]
@ 2007-03-05 15:25 ` Chong Yidong
From: Chong Yidong @ 2007-03-05 15:25 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: rms; +Cc: emacs-devel

Richard Stallman <rms@gnu.org> writes:

> Please try customizing the following option:
>
> (defcustom foo 'foo
>   "doc string"
>   :type '(choice (const foo) (const bar)))
>
> When I chose `bar', the value disappears in the screen.  Even if
> I press the [Set for Current Session] button or the [Save for
> Future Sessions] button, the value is still hidden.  I need to
> press the [Hide Value] button twice or the [Erase Customization]
> button to see the value.

I can reproduce this on current CVS Emacs.  Maybe it's already been
fixed.

* Re: [yamaoka@jpl.org: custom bug]
@ 2007-03-05 17:29   ` Chong Yidong
From: Chong Yidong @ 2007-03-05 17:29 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: rms; +Cc: emacs-devel

>> Please try customizing the following option:
>>
>> (defcustom foo 'foo
>>   "doc string"
>>   :type '(choice (const foo) (const bar)))
>>
>> When I chose `bar', the value disappears in the screen.  Even if
>> I press the [Set for Current Session] button or the [Save for
>> Future Sessions] button, the value is still hidden.  I need to
>> press the [Hide Value] button twice or the [Erase Customization]
>> button to see the value.
>
> I can reproduce this on current CVS Emacs.  Maybe it's already been
> fixed.

can -> can't.

* Re: [yamaoka@jpl.org: custom bug]
@ 2007-03-05 21:50   ` Richard Stallman
From: Richard Stallman @ 2007-03-05 21:50 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Chong Yidong; +Cc: emacs-devel

    I can reproduce this on current CVS Emacs.

(Did you mean "can't"?)

						Maybe it's already been
    fixed.

In a situation like this, it is absolutely essential to ask the person
who originally observed the problem whether he sees the failure.
You can't count on that person to see the message to emacs-devel.

I asked him now.