all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* ESC-TAB instead of TAB in find-file.
@ 2007-02-16 22:54 A Soare
From: A Soare @ 2007-02-16 22:54 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Emacs   Bug  [bug-gnu-emacs]

Hello. Since a few weeks, When I must press ESC-TAB  for autocompletition of file name in the dialog from find-file (C-x C-f), instead of TAB. If I press just TAB all is erased and just the last file/directory name (text after the last `'') is printed.

What happened?

* Re: ESC-TAB instead of TAB in find-file.
@ 2007-02-17  7:24 ` Richard Stallman
From: Richard Stallman @ 2007-02-17  7:24 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: alinsoar; +Cc: bug-gnu-emacs

    Hello. Since a few weeks, When I must press ESC-TAB for
    autocompletition of file name in the dialog from find-file (C-x
    C-f), instead of TAB. If I press just TAB all is erased and just
    the last file/directory name (text after the last `'') is printed.

That sounds like a bug to me, but it does not happen for me.
Can you make this failure happen in `emacs -Q'?

* Re: ESC-TAB instead of TAB in find-file.
@ 2007-02-17  8:36 A Soare
From: A Soare @ 2007-02-17  8:36 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: rms; +Cc: Emacs   Bug  [bug-gnu-emacs]

> That sounds like a bug to me, but it does not happen for me.
> Can you make this failure happen in `emacs -Q'?

Yes, it does not happen skipping the init files to me too.

* Re: ESC-TAB instead of TAB in find-file.
@ 2007-02-18  4:37 ` Richard Stallman
From: Richard Stallman @ 2007-02-18  4:37 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: alinsoar; +Cc: bug-gnu-emacs

    > That sounds like a bug to me, but it does not happen for me.
    > Can you make this failure happen in `emacs -Q'?

    Yes, it does not happen skipping the init files to me too.

I suspect it is a bug in your init file.