all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* The didit 7 on Numeric keypad can't input into Emacs by using Numeric keypad
@ 2006-12-07  4:52 Hongyi Zhao
From: Hongyi Zhao @ 2006-12-07  4:52 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: handa

Dear Kenichi and others,

I meet a strange thing:  if I want to input the digit 7 (seven) into emacs by
using Numeric keypad, I find its impossible.  But the other digits can be inputed by this way.

--
Hongyi Zhao <hongyi.zhao@gmail.com>
赵弘毅

题目:《城南感怀呈永叔》
作者:苏舜钦(1008-1048)
春阳泛野动,春阴与天低。
远林气蔼蔼,长道风依依。
览物虽暂适,感怀翻然移。
所见既可骇,所闻良可悲。
去年水后旱,田亩不及犁。
冬温晚得雪,宿麦生者稀。
前去固无望,即日已苦饥。
老稚满田野,斫掘寻凫茈。
此物近亦尽,卷耳共所资。
昔云能驱风,充腹理不疑;
今乃有毒厉,肠胃生疮痍。
十月七八死,当路横其尸。
犬彘咋其骨,乌鸢啄其皮。
胡为残良民,令此鸟兽肥?
天岂意如此?泱荡莫可知!
高位厌梁肉,坐论搀云霓。
岂无富人术,使之长熙熙?
我今饥伶俜,悯此复自思:
自济既不暇,将复奈尔为!
愁愤徒满胸,嵘[山+“宏”去宀]不能齐。

* Re: The didit 7 on Numeric keypad can't input into Emacs by using Numeric keypad
@ 2006-12-07 11:08 ` Kenichi Handa
From: Kenichi Handa @ 2006-12-07 11:08 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: emacs-devel

In article <20061207045229.GA9736@localdomain>, Hongyi Zhao <hongyi.zhao@gmail.com> writes:

> Dear Kenichi and others,
> I meet a strange thing:  if I want to input the digit 7 (seven) into emacs by
> using Numeric keypad, I find its impossible.  But the other digits can be inputed by this way.

What do you mean by "impossible"?  Doesn't Emacs show any
error message?  What is shown when you type C-h c 7?

---
Kenichi Handa
handa@m17n.org

* Re: The didit 7 on Numeric keypad can't input into Emacs by using Numeric keypad
@ 2006-12-07 22:47 ` Kevin Rodgers
From: Kevin Rodgers @ 2006-12-07 22:47 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hongyi Zhao wrote:
> Dear Kenichi and others,
>
> I meet a strange thing:  if I want to input the digit 7 (seven) into emacs by
> using Numeric keypad, I find its impossible.  But the other digits can be inputed by this way.

Please answer the question asked by Handa-san: What is shown when you
type `C-h c 7'?

(Actually, I would have asked: What is displayed by `C-h k <kp-7>'?)

--
Kevin