all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* Pls help in emacs settings for Foreground and Background color settings
@ 2006-12-06 15:38 Senthil Nathan
From: Senthil Nathan @ 2006-12-06 15:38 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi,

I am new to this editor. The version of my Emacs is " GNU Emacs 21.3.1
(i386-mingw-nt 5.1.2600) of 2004-03-11 on NYAUMO".

For Linux machines the settings for the foregroung  and backgroun
colours are specified in .emacs file. I am using Windows machine and I
cant fine .emacs file in my installation directory or at any other places.

Can you please provide me a sample .emacs file that suits to me. I need
to change the default Background color of White to some dark colours
that won't irritates my eyes.

I am awaiting for your response.

Thanks in advence.

Regards
Senthil.S

* Re: Pls help in emacs settings for Foreground and Background color settings
@ 2006-12-07  4:59 ` Richard Stallman
From: Richard Stallman @ 2006-12-07  4:59 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: bug-gnu-emacs

    For Linux machines the settings for the foregroung  and backgroun
    colours are specified in .emacs file.

These machines are running the GNU/Linux operating system; please
don't call them "Linux machines".  For more explanation, see
http://www.gnu.org/gnu/gnu-linux-faq.html.

     I am using Windows machine

Your real problem is that you are using Windows.  If yo SHOULD to
GNU/Linux, that will fix this problem, and it will also give you
freedom.

* Re: Pls help in emacs settings for Foreground and Background color settings
@ 2006-12-07 10:06 ` A Soare
From: A Soare @ 2006-12-07 10:06 UTC (permalink / raw)

Read and ask on the emacs wiki site, or dot emacs, or on IRC freenode.net,
#emacs; if you do not know elisp, you can customize colors using customize
commands.

* Re: Pls help in emacs settings for Foreground and Background color settings
@ 2006-12-08 13:03 ` Roberto Rodríguez
From: Roberto Rodríguez @ 2006-12-08 13:03 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: bug-gnu-emacs