all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* code in the help
@ 2006-11-19  2:14 ralf hutchison
From: ralf hutchison @ 2006-11-19  2:14 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hello.

I am using emacs and I love it.  I am very grateful to all of the creative
and hardworking coders that made it possible for me to use such a great
editor and general IDE without having to worry about anything.

One way that I thought I might be able to add to this project is to modify
the help and possilby write some tutorials.

Specifically, I might like to add code fragments to the descriptions which
are accessed by C-h f.

Please advise.

Cheers,
Ralph

* Re: code in the help
@ 2006-11-19 12:47 ` Richard Stallman
From: Richard Stallman @ 2006-11-19 12:47 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: emacs-devel

    Specifically, I might like to add code fragments to the descriptions which
    are accessed by C-h f.

Emacs functions have two kinds of documentation: the doc strings, and
the Emacs Lisp manual.  The doc string is more terse, while the manual
makes more effort to explain.  We have examples in the manual for many
functions, but more would be useful.

Would you like to add examples to the manual?