all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
From: Thien-Thi Nguyen <ttn@glug.org>
Cc: emacs-devel@gnu.org
Subject: Re: ewoc--adjust ugliness
Date: Fri, 26 May 2006 07:57:28 -0400	[thread overview]

   From: "Mathias Dahl" <mathias.dahl@gmail.com>
   Date: Fri, 26 May 2006 12:49:59 +0200

   No one has responded, as far as I can see, but maybe someone is
   working on it? I for one cannot use the latest CVS Emacs because of
   this as it breaks the nice jabber.el package.

   Sorry if this seems like nagging (it is, kind of... :).

there is some off-list discussion.  concensus is that the changes are ok;
now we are wondering how client packages (such as jabber.el) should best
go about detecting the change.  i suppose adding something like:

(put 'ewoc-create 'no-gratuitous-newline t)

would work, but am not sure how it fits in w/ emacs' conventions (if
any) for support of package-level features.  if no one objects, i will
add that line and document the discovery method.

in any case, there is an entry in NEWS for the changes under
"Incompatible Lisp Changes in Emacs 22.1", q.v.

thi