all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* dead keys no longer work in windows version
@ 2006-05-02 13:05 Stephan Stahl
From: Stephan Stahl @ 2006-05-02 13:05 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi.

I just noticed that dead keys work no longer in the current cvs
version.  I use windows xp and the us international keyboard layout at
work.  For those that do not know the layout combinations like " and a
produce ä or an other example is ` and e = è.  Right now if i press "
and a i get just the plain a and later when i press space i get the ".
It still works in other applications so something in emacs must have
changed.  I use the latest unpatched emacs-cvs from here:
http://ourcomments.org/Emacs/EmacsW32.html

Oh and by the way i have a dual monitor setup with the primary one on
the right side and if i have an emacs frame on the left monitor its
tooltips appear on the right monitor..

Regards,
Stephan

* Re: dead keys no longer work in windows version
@ 2006-05-03  8:01 ` Stephan Stahl
From: Stephan Stahl @ 2006-05-03  8:01 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi.

Stephan Stahl worte:

> I just noticed that dead keys work no longer in the current cvs
> version.  I use windows xp and the us international keyboard layout at

Sorry for the noise a computer reboot 'fixed' that problem.  Though starting
a new instance of emacs before that reboot did NOT help.  Very strange thing.

@ 2006-05-03  8:15 ` Eli Zaretskii
From: Eli Zaretskii @ 2006-05-03  8:15 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: bug-gnu-emacs, emacs-devel

> Date: Tue, 2 May 2006 15:05:12 +0200 (CEST)
> From: "Stephan Stahl" <esteel@eos.franken.de>
>
> I just noticed that dead keys work no longer in the current cvs
> version.

Thanks for the report, but this is not the right place for bug reports
about the CVS code.  Please send them to emacs-devel@gnu.org (CC'ed).

> It still works in other applications so something in emacs must have
> changed.

Can you tell what was the last CVS version (i.e. on what date was it
built) where it did work?

@ 2006-05-04 14:17   ` Richard Stallman
From: Richard Stallman @ 2006-05-04 14:17 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: bug-gnu-emacs

    Sorry for the noise a computer reboot 'fixed' that problem.  Though starting
    a new instance of emacs before that reboot did NOT help.  Very strange thing.

If you replace Windows with GNU/Linux, things like this probably won't
happen.  In addition, your software will respect your freedom (Windows
does not).