all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* Archives clean up
@ 2005-12-18  8:10 Xavier Maillard
From: Xavier Maillard @ 2005-12-18  8:10 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hello,

I am wondering whereas there is something to « clean up » GNU.org archives
such as we can delete all old spam postings.

If so, I am volunteering to do it little by little beginning with Emacs
discussion mailing lists.

Thank you.

Xavier

* Re: Archives clean up
@ 2005-12-19 21:22 Xavier Maillard
From: Xavier Maillard @ 2005-12-19 21:22 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: emacs-devel

   From: Mathias Dahl <brakjoller@gmail.com>

   Xavier Maillard <zedek@gnu-rox.org> writes:

   >    From: "Richard M. Stallman" <rms@gnu.org>
   >    Cc: emacs-devel@gnu.org
   >
   >    I don't know whether it is possible or desirable to delete archive
   >    messages, but some people are starting to moderate some of the Emacs
   >    mailing lists to eliminate spam.  If you want to do this, please write
   >    to karl at gnu.org.
   >
   > I am already one of them Richard :) I wanted to go further.

   And I must thank you for doing a good job. Today when I checked the
   gnu.emacs.bugs, there was only "nice" messages.

That is better as is, isn't it ? :)

I also do appreciate the *new* mailing list.

Xavier