all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* blink property
@ 2005-06-20  9:45 Joe Corneli
From: Joe Corneli @ 2005-06-20  9:45 UTC (permalink / raw)

Is there a (display independent) blink property that I can apply to
chunks of text?

 M-x apropos RET blink RET

returns only things having to do with parens and cursors.

* Re: blink property
       [not found] <mailman.530.1119261460.2857.help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org>
@ 2005-06-20 11:03 ` Dan Elliott
From: Dan Elliott @ 2005-06-20 11:03 UTC (permalink / raw)

Joe Corneli wrote:
> Is there a (display independent) blink property that I can apply to
> chunks of text?

By display independent you mean you do not want to mess with the
terminal's text properties?  If not, maybe you could use a bit of elisp
code in emacs to change the terminal's blinking text paramter on for the
text you want to blink, and back off when you are finished.

- dan

@ 2005-06-20 11:16 ` Lute Kamstra
From: Lute Kamstra @ 2005-06-20 11:16 UTC (permalink / raw)

Joe Corneli <jcorneli@math.utexas.edu> writes:

> Is there a (display independent) blink property that I can apply to
> chunks of text?

No, but maybe you can hack it into Emacs?  And why don't you add VBS
support [1] while you're at it?

Lute.

[1] http://ars.userfriendly.org/cartoons/?id=20000731

--
(spook) => "Bletchley Park Rand Corporation smuggle"
(insert-file-contents "~/.signature") => (error "`~/.signature' too rude")