all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* emacs on freebsd, space limitation
@ 2005-04-20 15:54 Angelina Carlton
From: Angelina Carlton @ 2005-04-20 15:54 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hello

I have a freind with a shell account on a machine running FreeBSD
4.9-RELEASE.

He has 50mb of diskspace and no root privledges. Emacs is not
installed, nor Vim.

pico and ee are the onely editors available, however he is allowed to
compile anything he wants.

He had some problems so yesterday I logged in a compilied irssi, wget
and mutt, installing them into his home directory. This took 11mb of
space which could probably be trimmed as mutt installed some docs and
man pages, however I am not sure what I can trim it down to.

So, mutt and irssi are taken care of, leaving only emacs. The emacs-21
tarbals I looked at are almost 20mb and expand to 70mb which I cant
use.

Is there a way around this? I should add his needs are simple, he
needs to write some c code and have mutt use emacs as the editor.

Thanks in advance

--
Angelina Carlton