all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
From: Thien-Thi Nguyen <ttn@surf.glug.org>
Cc: emacs-devel@gnu.org
Subject: Re: You should not have installed that change!
Date: Thu, 31 Mar 2005 20:45:35 +0200	[thread overview]

   From: Richard Stallman <rms@gnu.org>
   Date: Thu, 31 Mar 2005 13:21:56 -0500

   Why did you install the first version of your proposed change,
   when I had already said not to install it, that I wanted it
   done differently?

i got flustered when i saw Marcelo's message to the translators,
and installed the changes to the TUTORIAL files thinking that they
might simply review the changes and make further changes, instead
of having to come up w/ the change themselves (classic premature
optimization, sigh).  this was before i was aware of your other
message.

the related change to help-fns.el i already reverted.

   Please make and install the corrections that I asked for
   without delay.

i have already posted a revised revision for your review (perhaps
you haven't seen it yet).  feel free to modify it and check it in
yourself, otherwise i will wait for your confirmation and/or
further corrections.

thi