all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* rmail and multiple email addresses
@ 2003-08-07 13:41 Ludo Smissaert
From: Ludo Smissaert @ 2003-08-07 13:41 UTC (permalink / raw)

Running: Emacs 21.1.1 on Mac OS X 10.6.2 (Jaguar) on OS X's Terminal.

Hello list.
I am new to emacs (three weeks now) and have set up RMAIL for my pop3 accounts, from the response I found:

From:	   Ehud Karni
Subject:   Re: How do I set up rmail
Date:	   Wed, 2 Apr 2003 22:49:35 +0300

Thanks for that so far.

Before, I used multiple email addresses for diferent purposes, like:
lists@my_account_name.com
private@my_account_name.com

I could also sent from either address.

Questions:
1. How do I set up multiple email addresses in RMAIL?

2. How do I read the mail send to a specific address, e.g. only private mail and not lists?

3. Is it good to organize mail in this manner anyway?

I have this in my .emacs:

(setq rmail-primary-inbox-list '("po:account_name:pop3.server_name.com")) (setq rmail-pop-password-required t)

and for sending:

(load-library "smtpmail")

(setq mail-default-reply-to "private@my_account_name.com")
(setq mail-signature nil)
(setq mail-personal-alias-file "~/.alias_file")
(setq mail-aliases t)
(setq mail-yank-prefix "> ")
(add-hook 'mail-mode-hook 'mail-abbrevs-setup)

(setq user-full-name "Full Name")
(setq user-mail-address "private@my_account_name.com")
(setq smtpmail-default-smtp-server "outgoing.mail.server")
(setq smtpmail-smtp-server smtpmail-default-smtp-server)
(setq smtpmail-local-domain nil)
(setq send-mail-function 'smtpmail-send-it)
(setq smtpmail-debug-info t)       ;;smtpmail debug in *Messages*
(setq mail-interactive 'wait)

only message in thread, other threads:[~2003-08-07 13:41 UTC | newest]