all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* Re: unrmail
       [not found]   ` <bfr9pd$612$1@jik.kamens.brookline.ma.us>
@ 2003-07-27 18:38     ` Richard Stallman
From: Richard Stallman @ 2003-07-27 18:38 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: emacs-devel

    I submitted a Perl script called b2m.pl to the maintainers of
    Emacs a year ago.  This script does a much better, faster job
    of converting Babyl files to UNIX mbox files.

    It was installed on 2002-06-26.  However, I think it was only
    installed in the trunk - not in the RC branch from which all Emacs 21
    releases have so far been made.

We want M-x unrmail not to use Rmail's support for Babyl files.  We
need that to go with the rewrite of Rmail not to use Babyl files.
This script might be exactly what we need.

Could someone possibly change the unrmail command to run that script?

* Re: unrmail
       [not found]         ` <mailman.536.1059175640.8231.bug-gnu-emacs@gnu.org>
@ 2003-07-28  1:33           ` Jonathan Kamens
From: Jonathan Kamens @ 2003-07-28  1:33 UTC (permalink / raw)

Kevin Rodgers <ihs_4664@yahoo.com> writes:
>The Received: header added by the local MTA would be even closer to
>the time the message was actually delivered.

True, but it's not worth the effort to parse the Received: header, whic
his in a relatively free-form format -- the Date: header is good
enough, especially since, as you point out, very little software
actually uses the date in the From_ line.  What I'm objecting to is not
even trying *that* hard to put a useful date in the From_ line.