all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* parse/strip HTML formatting in rmail
       [not found] <E19O0nY-0005PL-SZ@monty-python.gnu.org>
@ 2003-06-06 18:35 ` Joe Corneli
From: Joe Corneli @ 2003-06-06 18:35 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hello,

I get mail with stuff like this in it:

     <BR><BR></P></DIV><BR><BR><BR>

Can someone refer me to a package/configuration that would make this
look better?  Perhaps something that would allow toggling between
the HTML view and a plain-text version?

Joe

* Re: parse/strip HTML formatting in rmail
@ 2003-06-07  5:43   ` Adrian Mrva
       [not found]   ` <200306070544.h575i2N09608@dell3.ma.utexas.edu>
       [not found]   ` <mailman.7513.1054964686.21513.help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org>
From: Adrian Mrva @ 2003-06-07  5:43 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: help-gnu-emacs

http://groups.google.com/groups?selm=m3fzw73ipz.fsf%40h33n3fls31o965.telia.com

@ 2003-06-07  9:31     ` Joe Corneli
From: Joe Corneli @ 2003-06-07  9:31 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: help-gnu-emacs

Thanks!

It works wonders.

You know, I actually looked at that webpage but didn't get any further
than the "Gnus"-- which I don't use so I thought that the hack would
be irrelevant.  That'l teach me to (a) use a graphical webbrowser that
makes it difficult to see what is actually going on; (b) decide
too soon what a hack does.  Or not.

Anyway, <i>Thanks very much!</i>

@ 2003-06-09 16:58     ` Kevin Rodgers
From: Kevin Rodgers @ 2003-06-09 16:58 UTC (permalink / raw)

Adrian Mrva wrote:

>>Can someone refer me to a package/configuration that would make this
>>look better?
>>

> http://groups.google.com/groups?selm=m3fzw73ipz.fsf%40h33n3fls31o965.telia.com

C-x h M-| lynx -stdin -dump

C-x h M-| w3m -T text/html -dump

VM has a hook to do this for you (vm-mime-type-converter-alist).