all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* s/vms.h SYSTEM_TYPE
@ 2003-03-14 12:40 Thien-Thi Nguyen
From: Thien-Thi Nguyen @ 2003-03-14 12:40 UTC (permalink / raw)

vms systems running emacs all show `system-type' to be "vax-vms" due to:

	#define SYSTEM_TYPE "vax-vms"

in s/vms.h.  that name is incorrect for alpha-vms systems.  also, i see
using "grep define.SYSTEM_TYPE s/*.h" that cpu type is not included in
any other SYSTEM_TYPE.  perhaps we can omit the "vax-" portion in vms.h?
alternatively, we can leave it be for actual vax-vms systems (to support
a limited form of backward compatibility), and trim to simply "vms" for
all other *-vms variants (alpha, ia64, etc).

thoughts?  anyone doing nightly vms builds?

thi

only message in thread, other threads:[~2003-03-14 12:40 UTC | newest]