all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* Rmail mbox format branch
@ 2003-02-15 18:17 Paul Michael Reilly
From: Paul Michael Reilly @ 2003-02-15 18:17 UTC (permalink / raw)

I've created `rmail-mbox-branch' for mbox format and related changes
to Rmail.  The first batch of changes have been committed.  These are
enough to use Rmail with mbox format.  I've been using Rmail with
these changes for about six months in day-day use.  These changes have
been merged with the "whitespace normalization" changes recently
committed, FWIW.

Enjoy,

-pmr

* Re: Rmail mbox format branch
@ 2003-02-17  7:19 ` Richard Stallman
From: Richard Stallman @ 2003-02-17  7:19 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: emacs-devel

    I've created `rmail-mbox-branch' for mbox format and related changes
    to Rmail.  The first batch of changes have been committed.  These are
    enough to use Rmail with mbox format.  I've been using Rmail with
    these changes for about six months in day-day use.

Thanks very much.

Work still needs to be done on unrmail.el--as you pointed out, my
rewrite does not really do the job.  (That is why I have not installed
it.)  Could you possibly get interested in doing it?

* Re: Rmail mbox format branch
@ 2003-02-17  7:50   ` Paul Michael Reilly
From: Paul Michael Reilly @ 2003-02-17  7:50 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: emacs-devel

 >     I've created `rmail-mbox-branch' for mbox format and related changes
 >     to Rmail.  The first batch of changes have been committed.  These are
 >     enough to use Rmail with mbox format.  I've been using Rmail with
 >     these changes for about six months in day-day use.
 >
 > Thanks very much.
 >
 > Work still needs to be done on unrmail.el--as you pointed out, my
 > rewrite does not really do the job.  (That is why I have not installed
 > it.)  Could you possibly get interested in doing it?

It won't go neglected I'm sure.

Sorry it took me so long to get the branch checked in.  FWIW, my
immediate Rmail plans/preferences are to fix sorting, add the spam
elimination package and work on Imap support using the suggested
front-end, back-end design.

-pmr

* Re: Rmail mbox format branch
@ 2003-02-17 20:37     ` Richard Stallman
From: Richard Stallman @ 2003-02-17 20:37 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: emacs-devel

    Sorry it took me so long to get the branch checked in.  FWIW, my
    immediate Rmail plans/preferences are to fix sorting, add the spam
    elimination package and work on Imap support using the suggested
    front-end, back-end design.

I think that unrmail is actually more important than all of those,
because people need that in order to try the new Rmail easily.