all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* GTK patch - only for GTK >= version 2? (and hence GNOME 2)
@ 2003-01-15  2:57 Alex Lancaster
From: Alex Lancaster @ 2003-01-15  2:57 UTC (permalink / raw)

It seems that the GTK patch by Jan only works with for GTK+ version 2
(and hence GNOME 2) and later.  I was wondering whether this was by
design or accident (I presuming that it is by design, because I
noticed that the autoconf tests look for a version of GLIB and GTK >=
2.0.1, but I wanted to be sure).

I have successfully built a version of Emacs CVS w/ GTK patch under
Red Hat 8.0 (which ships with GTK+/GNOME 2 as standard), but was
trying to build the same version under Slackware 8.1 which ships with
GTK+ 1.2.10 and it fails (presumably due to the GTK+ version).

Thanks,

Alex