all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* xclipping too many long lines freaks emacs out
@ 2002-09-17 23:01 Dan Jacobson
From: Dan Jacobson @ 2002-09-17 23:01 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: bug-gnu-emacs

Package: xclip
Version: 0.08-1
Severity: minor

As root I did sed 56q syslog|xclip
this apparently creates too many wide lines to yank back with
Shift-Insert in a normal window.  What's worse,
then as me in emacs I did C-y expecting to yank it back.
I get 'Memory exhausted' messages and then a C-g causes some kind of
emacs blinking state which only a killall -1 emacs could put it out of
its misery.  I think this is a 'many wide lines into xclip' problem,
not a root/user problem, but i didnt check further.

emacs-version"21.2.1"

-- System Information
Debian Release: 3.0
Architecture: i386
Kernel: Linux debian 2.4.18-k7 #1 Sun Apr 14 13:19:11 EST 2002 i686
Locale: LANG=zh_TW.Big5, LC_CTYPE=zh_TW.Big5

Versions of packages xclip depends on:
ii  libc6                         2.2.5-6    GNU C Library: Shared libraries an
ii  xlibs                         4.1.0-16   X Window System client libraries

only message in thread, other threads:[~2002-09-17 23:01 UTC | newest]