all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
From: Edward Welbourne <eddy@opera.no>
Cc: bug-gnu-emacs@gnu.org
Subject: Re: Button Bar
Date: Fri, 05 Jul 2002 15:17:45 +0200	[thread overview]

Thank you ;^)
I'll leave you to imagine how *annoyed* I had to get before reporting
*that* as a bug ... the remedy is proportionately welcome.

> `emacs --no-windows' avoids graphical elements entirely,
> as does not using X. ;-)

ah, but with X I get 59 lines (plus a mode-line and minibuffer line)
of width 162, or C-x 3 gives me two 78-column windows side-by-side -
and this can only be improved when I finally sort out my mangled XF86
config (or give up and chose smaller fonts) - whereas the raw terminal
only gives me 22 lines in one 79-column window (albeit with nice big
friendly fonts).  I can do the same with -nw in a big xterm (53 lines,
167 columns or twice 81), but the little subtle irritants get to me in
the end.  Having a Real Solution is the Right Answer.  Making it
easier to find in customization would help, too.

Keep up the good work,

	Eddy.