all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* How to get emacsclient working from eclipse?
@ 2009-10-16 22:23 KARR, DAVID (ATTCINW)
From: KARR, DAVID (ATTCINW) @ 2009-10-16 22:23 UTC (permalink / raw
  To: help-gnu-emacs

I'm using Emacs 23.0.92.1 on Cygwin 1.5.25.

If I run emacsclient from either rxvt or a DOS window, it works fine,
opening up the specified file in my current Emacs instance.

If I specify emacsclient in eclipse as the command line to open a file
in an external editor (There's a "Path Tools" plugin for this), I see in
the Eclipse console: "/usr/bin/emacsclient: could not get terminal
name".

I've googled for this, and some people have seen the same message, but
seemingly in different situations.  I don't know if those cases apply to
this.

Is there something simple I can do to get this to work?

* Re: How to get emacsclient working from eclipse?
       [not found] <mailman.8963.1255731835.2239.help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org>
@ 2009-10-16 23:26 ` LanX
       [not found]   ` <mailman.8974.1255743317.2239.help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org>
From: LanX @ 2009-10-16 23:26 UTC (permalink / raw
  To: help-gnu-emacs

> Is there something simple I can do to get this to work?

it's been a while that i used windows (and never used eclipse) but
does prepending "cmd -k" ( or "cmd /k") not help?

* RE: How to get emacsclient working from eclipse?
@ 2009-10-17  1:35   ` KARR, DAVID (ATTCINW)
       [not found]   ` <mailman.8974.1255743317.2239.help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org>
From: KARR, DAVID (ATTCINW) @ 2009-10-17  1:35 UTC (permalink / raw
  To: LanX, help-gnu-emacs

That option certainly wouldn't help.  You're probably thinking of "/c"
(terminate after run).

I've made a little progress, but it still doesn't work.  I'm having
issues with quoting file paths with spaces (I don't know how often I've
wanted to sh**t the person who was responsible for that bright idea).

Bleah.

@ 2009-10-17  1:53     ` LanX
From: LanX @ 2009-10-17  1:53 UTC (permalink / raw
  To: help-gnu-emacs

well c or k is irrelevant it means execute the following command from
the command line interpreter.

did you try it?

If yes you should maybe consider  asking at an eclipse board.