all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* Emacs 21.4a segmentation fault on startup (gcc 4.0, Solaris 8)
@ 2005-05-16 18:21 Andrew Koenig
From: Andrew Koenig @ 2005-05-16 18:21 UTC (permalink / raw)

I just installed gcc 4.0 on my Solaris 8 machine and rebuilt GNU emacs 21.4;
the result is a segmentation fault on startup.

The first few lines of the backtrace (abbreviated):

XtInitializeWidgetClass from /usr/lib/libXt.so.4
_XtCreateWidget from /usr/lib/libXt.so.4
XtCreateWidget from /usr/lib/libXt.so.4
Fx_create_frame at xfns.c:3644
Ffuncall at eval.c:2659
Fbyte_code at bytecode.c:716
funcall_lambda at eval.c:2851

If I compiler under gcc 2.95, or run it as emacs -nw, it appears to work.

Any suggestions?