I was a bit curios what is going on there. It turnes out, at least as I understand, that the errors were not real errors, in most cases, so it seems *almost* legit to brush them under carpet. I printed out errors and what I saw were endless "Write error to standard output: no error" messages when native compiler run its batch jobs (amongst other). Seems like close_stream in ucrt runtime does not return real errno but something else. Just checking if errno was set reduced almost everything; and I found that comment in posix_close aboutt EINTR. However; I am still not able to build emacs wihtout trolling away exit on failure, because temacs fails. I get this error: cp -f temacs.exe bootstrap-emacs.exe rm -f bootstrap-emacs.pdmp ./temacs --batch -l loadup --temacs=pbootstrap \ --bin-dest /ucrt64/bin/ --eln-dest /ucrt64/lib/emacs/30.0.50/ C:\Users\arthu\repos\emsrc\ucrt-02-21\src\temacs.exe: Write error to standard output: No such file or directory make[2]: *** [Makefile:1014: bootstrap-emacs.pdmp] Error 1 Question is which file or directory? Dump file? Bad path? Bad encoding? Something in loadup.el or elsewhere? If I comment away exit on failure as they do in mingw patch, than everything builds and seemnigly works. However I have experienced one crash where system killed Emacs, similar as those I have seen with the version from gnu ftp (29.2_1). How do I debug temacs bootstrap?