all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* Indent Region Left
@ 2006-01-26  8:51 Wu Kejia
From: Wu Kejia @ 2006-01-26  8:51 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi,

Thanks Hans-Christoph Wirth and Dieter Wilhelm for your help. I can indent
the region left now by your directions: C-u -5 C-x TAB. In fact, I should
have known how to assign digital argument to elisp function. Now, I get:
C-u 2 or M-2.

Thanks all responses. Happy Spring Festival!

                   Wu
                   &;-)

免费下载 MSN Explorer:   http://explorer.msn.com/lccn/

* RE: Indent Region Left
@ 2006-01-26 16:48 ` Drew Adams
From: Drew Adams @ 2006-01-26 16:48 UTC (permalink / raw)

    C-u -5 C-x TAB

M- -5 C-x TAB is slightly quicker. That's Meta, hyphen, five: ALT - 5, with
ALT held down for the hyphen. Four keystrokes, in all.

Also, for -1, you can use just M- - (that is, ALT -); no need to hit `1'.