all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* tmm-menubar question
@ 2007-12-21 12:35 Ke Lu
From: Ke Lu @ 2007-12-21 12:35 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

Hi, I have a question about tmm-menuba.

when I press M-x tmm-menubar,It shows the top menu
which looks like:
..
Possible completions are:
f==>File   e==>Edit   o==>Options b==>Buffers t==>Tools F==>Field m==>Message
a==>Attachments i==>Icicles h==>Help

Then when I press o, It show [Options] submenu
which looks like:
Press PageUp key to reach this buffer from the minibuffer.
b==>Blinking Cursor                    e==>Enter Debugger on Error
E==>Enter Debugger on Quit/C-g         m==>Mule (Multilingual Environment)
h==>Show/Hide

Then when I press h, It show [Show/Hide] submenu
which looks like:
Press PageUp key to reach this buffer from the minibuffer.
t==>Tool-bar       m==>Menu-bar       T==>Tooltips       s==>Scroll-bar
f==>Fringe         S==>Speedbar       l==>Time, Load and Mail
b==>Battery Status i==>Size Indication L==>Line Numbers  c==>Column Numbers

Now, I want to go back to [Options] submenu(one lever upper menu),
How can I do it?

* RE: tmm-menubar question
@ 2007-12-21 15:54 ` Drew Adams
From: Drew Adams @ 2007-12-21 15:54 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Ke Lu, help-gnu-emacs

> Hi, I have a question about tmm-menubar.

I can't answer your specific TMM question; hopefully, someone else can. But
you might be interested in this alternative to tmm-menubar:

http://www.emacswiki.org/cgi-bin/wiki/IciclesMenu

You can navigate the menu hierarchy easily from the keyboard, using
completion.

If you also use Icicles with it, then you can even match any part(s) of a
menu path - substring and regexp matching. That means you can not only move
up, down, and around the menu hierarchy a step at a time, but you can also
move directly to any part of the menu tree by matching specific tree nodes.