all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
[parent not found: <mailman.1599.1191333917.18990.help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org>]
[parent not found: <mailman.1515.1191195346.18990.help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org>]
* how to save a face in Lisp?
@ 2007-09-30 23:35 Drew Adams
From: Drew Adams @ 2007-09-30 23:35 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Help-Gnu-Emacs

In Lisp, how can I save a face to the user's custom-file after it has been
changed (or to cause it to be saved when Emacs is quit)?

For a variable, it's enough to call `customize-save-variable', but I don't
know the equivalent for faces. Perhaps it would be enough to `put' the spec
as property `saved-face' for the face? Or as property `defface-spec'? I'm
not sure how this stuff works.

[Obviously, this code would only be invoked by the user, aware that s?he was
saving the changed face. I would not save settings behind the user's back.]