As per S. Monnier's suggestion, I prefixed "nadvice--" to the interning symbol's name (squashed patch attached). > Daan, is there a specific use-case that motivates you to want to pass an > anonymous lambda to this compatibility library? I think lambdas are useful for temporary advices that doesn't need to be attached to their symbols forever. For example, when pressing "C-", or some other editing operations, I don't want it to modify the kill ring and the desktop's clipboard. ```elisp (defun my-delete-instead-of-kill-when-interactive-a (func &rest args) (if (called-interactively-p 'any) (let* ((func (lambda (beg end &rest _) (delete-region beg end)))) (advice-add #'kill-region :override func) (unwind-protect (apply func args) (advice-remove #'kill-region func))) (apply func args))) (advice-add #'backward-kill-word :around #'my-delete-instead-of-kill-when-interactive-a) (advice-add #'subword-backward-kill :around #'my-delete-instead-of-kill-when-interactive-a) (advice-add #'kill-line :around #'my-delete-instead-of-kill-when-interactive-a) ;; and other (potentially in the future) variants of `backward-kill-word' such ;; as `puni-backward-kill-word', `sp-backward-kill-word', ;; `sp-backward-kill-symbol', etc. that are bound to some key bindings ``` There are many short-lived advices like the anonymous function above that making them a dedicated function isn't worthy, IMO. Especially closures that capture lexical variables.