all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* does anyone have an svn version history browser
@ 2008-12-03 20:05 Rob Giardina
       [not found] ` <mailman.1896.1228350729.26697.help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org>
From: Rob Giardina @ 2008-12-03 20:05 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

working in svn i often want to see the life-story of some file i'm
working on.

i'd like to be able to walk backwards using ediff to see the diffs
between version N-1 and N, a simple additional step should then show
me the diffs between versions N-2 and N-1, etc.

http://code.google.com/p/svn-time-lapse-view/ does this out of emacs
but i'd prefer ediff.

i might waste a ton of time writing this some day soon but i'm
wondering if there's something out there that I haven't found.

thanks,
rob

* Re: does anyone have an svn version history browser
@ 2008-12-04  0:32 ` Ian Eure
       [not found] ` <mailman.1896.1228350729.26697.help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org>
From: Ian Eure @ 2008-12-04  0:32 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Rob Giardina; +Cc: help-gnu-emacs

On Dec 3, 2008, at 12:05 PM, Rob Giardina wrote:

> working in svn i often want to see the life-story of some file i'm
> working on.
>
> i'd like to be able to walk backwards using ediff to see the diffs
> between version N-1 and N, a simple additional step should then show
> me the diffs between versions N-2 and N-1, etc.

I use C-x v l (vc-log). From there, you can move point to a revision
and hit d to see the diff in that rev.

  - Ian

@ 2008-12-04 22:01   ` Rob Giardina
From: Rob Giardina @ 2008-12-04 22:01 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

On Dec 3, 7:32 pm, Ian Eure <i...@digg.com> wrote:
> On Dec 3, 2008, at 12:05 PM, Rob Giardina wrote:
>
> > working in svn i often want to see the life-story of some file i'm
> > working on.
>
> > i'd like to be able to walk backwards using ediff to see the diffs
> > between version N-1 and N, a simple additional step should then show
> > me the diffs between versions N-2 and N-1, etc.
>
> I use C-x v l (vc-log). From there, you can move point to a revision
> and hit d to see the diff in that rev.
>
>   - Ian

Thanks, that's fantastic.

* Re: does anyone have an svn version history browser
@ 2008-12-05  2:23     ` Phil Carmody
From: Phil Carmody @ 2008-12-05  2:23 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

Rob Giardina <rob.giardina@gmail.com> writes:
> On Dec 3, 7:32 pm, Ian Eure <i...@digg.com> wrote:
>> On Dec 3, 2008, at 12:05 PM, Rob Giardina wrote:
>>
>> > working in svn i often want to see the life-story of some file i'm
>> > working on.
>>
>> > i'd like to be able to walk backwards using ediff to see the diffs
>> > between version N-1 and N, a simple additional step should then show
>> > me the diffs between versions N-2 and N-1, etc.
>>
>> I use C-x v l (vc-log). From there, you can move point to a revision
>> and hit d to see the diff in that rev.
>
> Thanks, that's fantastic.

I was pleased to see vc-log work on my MTN (monotone) source
tree, but alas I'm only getting
  log-view-current-file: Search failed: "\\'\\`"
from log-view-diff. Anyone else use monotone, and have a
workaround?

Phil
--
I tried the Vista speech recognition by running the tutorial. I was
amazed, it was awesome, recognised every word I said. Then I said the