all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* image support for .ico file (MS Windows icons)
@ 2011-01-05 19:43 Drew Adams
From: Drew Adams @ 2011-01-05 19:43 UTC (permalink / raw
  To: emacs-devel

What support is there for .ico files?

I would like to be able to display Windows icons in Emacs (on Windows,
naturally).  I see no mention of .ico in the manual `(elisp) Image Formats'.

My value of `image-types' is `(png gif tiff jpeg xpm xbm pbm)'.
My value of `dynamic-library-alist' is this:

((xpm "libxpm.dll" "xpm4.dll" "libXpm-nox4.dll")
 (png "libpng14-14.dll" "libpng14.dll")
 (jpeg "jpeg62.dll" "libjpeg.dll" "jpeg-62.dll" "jpeg.dll")
 (tiff "libtiff3.dll" "libtiff.dll")
 (gif "giflib4.dll" "libungif4.dll" "libungif.dll")
 (svg "librsvg-2-2.dll")
 (gdk-pixbuf "libgdk_pixbuf-2.0-0.dll")
 (glib "libglib-2.0-0.dll")
 (gobject "libgobject-2.0-0.dll"))

Is there a dll I can download and install that will provide support for .ico
files?

* Re: image support for .ico file (MS Windows icons)
@ 2011-01-05 19:56 ` Tassilo Horn
From: Tassilo Horn @ 2011-01-05 19:56 UTC (permalink / raw
  To: Drew Adams; +Cc: emacs-devel

> What support is there for .ico files?
>
> I would like to be able to display Windows icons in Emacs (on Windows,
> naturally).  I see no mention of .ico in the manual `(elisp) Image
> Formats'.

All I can say is that I can view ico files on GNU/Linux.

,----[ C-h v image-types RET ]
| image-types is a variable defined in `C source code'.
| Its value is (svg imagemagick png gif tiff jpeg xpm postscript xbm pbm)
`----

When point is on the ico image, the image-type is imagemagick.

> Is there a dll I can download and install that will provide support
> for .ico files?

Seems like it's ImageMagick. ;-)

Bye,
Tassilo