all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* inserting text from elsewhere
@ 2002-09-25 19:13 Micki Fox
From: Micki Fox @ 2002-09-25 19:13 UTC (permalink / raw)

How do I insert text from another program, i.e. MS notepad, into emacs.

So in any other program I copy what I want and paste it from the Windows' clipboard...(I think you get it)

Thanks so much for your help!

* RE: inserting text from elsewhere
@ 2002-09-25 20:16 Bingham, Jay
From: Bingham, Jay @ 2002-09-25 20:16 UTC (permalink / raw)

I assume that you are running emacs on a PC under Windows,  not that it matters in this case, but it might the next time you ask a question.

After getting the text in the clipboard, switch to emacs and use the standard yank from kill ring command, i.e. C-y.