all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
From: "Saalmann, Harald" <harald.a.saalmann@siemens.com>
To: <emacs-pretest-bug@gnu.org>
Subject: w32reg.c string search termination
Date: Wed, 22 Aug 2007 14:08:10 +0200	[thread overview]

Please write in English if possible, because the Emacs maintainers
usually do not have translators to read other languages for them.

Your bug report will be posted to the emacs-pretest-bug@gnu.org mailing
list.

Please describe exactly what actions triggered the bug
and the precise symptoms of the bug:

In file src/w32reg.c, line 35: The directive
   #define SYSTEM_DEFAULT_RESOURCES  ...
doesn't close the string literal with two adjacent NUL characters,
which is needed by function w32_get_rdb_resource() called from line
142 to terminate the string lookup correctly.
(It is unlikely that this ever triggered any noticeable bad behavor.)

[Appending a "\0" will probably do it.  I haven't tested anything,
because I don't run Windoze on my own machines, and on this one I even
have to use M$ Outlock to ship this mail out...]

If Emacs crashed, and you have the Emacs process in the gdb debugger,
please include the output from the following gdb commands:
    `bt full' and `xbacktrace'.
If you would like to further debug the crash, please read the file
d:/Program_Files/ntemacs22/etc/DEBUG for instructions.

In GNU Emacs 22.0.92.1 (i386-mingw-nt5.1.2600)
 of 2007-01-01 on DTOP
X server distributor `Microsoft Corp.', version 5.1.2600
configured using `configure --with-gcc (4.1) --cflags  -O2 -g0
-march=i386 -mtune=i686 -pipe -IC:/gnuwin32/include_emacs
-IC:/gnuwin32/lib -IC:/gnuwin32/src --ldflags  -s '

Important settings:

Major mode: c

Minor modes in effect:

Recent input: