On Jan 26, 2010, at 6:27 AM, Sean Sieger wrote: > Um, I have > > Emacs.geometry: fullheight > > and it too produces `half a window'. Did you find somewhere some documentation that suggested to you that this *should* work? X resources don't work that way... I think maybe you meant this: `fullscreen' (class `Fullscreen') The desired fullscreen size. The value can be one of `fullboth', `maximized', `fullwidth' or `fullheight', which correspond to the command-line options `-fs', `-mm', `-fw', and `-fh' (*note Window Size X::). Note that this applies to the initial frame only. Which is the fullscreen resource, not a value for the geometry resource. For example: Emacs.fullscreen: fullheight *Chad