4 nov. 2020 kl. 16.38 skrev Eli Zaretskii : > I'm not sure. I think we should use something more familiar, or > explain it in more detail. We already mention Unicode properties > elsewhere in the manual, so we could define this in those terms, and > send the reader there for the details, for example. Thanks for the review. Please look at the revised patch below with your requested changes. > I'm not going to argue about this aspect, but just FTR: whether to > include combining characters is a decision that we make here, it is > not a necessity. Because we are perfectly capable of displaying > combining characters without risking them to become composed with > surrounding characters: we could either precede them with U+25CC > DOTTED CIRCLE, or use the technique describe-char-padded-string in > descr-text.el uses. No we cannot, because the output must be valid Lisp.