all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* word-wrap feature for indented text
       [not found] <41c818190902181124q6b679148k5e620c24d3637a7c@mail.gmail.com>
@ 2009-02-18 19:45 ` David Reitter
From: David Reitter @ 2009-02-18 19:45 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Emacs-Devel devel; +Cc: William Henney

I'm passing on a suggestion from a user for indentation when using
word-wrap.

I know this has been suggested but deferred back when word-wrap was
implemented.

I would propose to tie indentation to a syntax-specific variable set
by major modes, so that indentation can occur, for example, after
every \item set in latex-mode, or after lines starting with "- " in
text-mode, or "* " in wikipedia-mode.  [The current auto-indentation
function in auto-fill-mode, adding a new "- " before every line rather
than indenting it, has proven more annoying than useful in my own
use.  But that's another issue.]

Begin forwarded message: