On May 1, 2012, at 10:14 AM, Thomas Lord wrote: > Are there any free software packages that > provide functionality like DropBox or GoogleDrive? > Are there any companies that sell the utility > service of hosting that software, with > freedom-respecting terms of service and security > features such as optional encryption of stored > data? I know some people at MIT were working on such a thing, based on SUNDR (paper attached), but I'm far enough out of touch that I couldn't tell you if it was going to go anywhere. That group is pro-free-software, but when I last heard, they were primarily concerned with the (frankly terrible) security implications of DropBox, Box.net, MS SkyDrive, et al. *Chad