all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* Is there a file compare script in emacs (or xemacs)?
@ 2006-03-22 15:05 wgan
From: wgan @ 2006-03-22 15:05 UTC (permalink / raw)

not the text comparision function in LISP, just simply the function can
compare 2 different text files with the kind of hightlights, much like
what winmerge does. is there a existing script available?

* Re: Is there a file compare script in emacs (or xemacs)?
@ 2006-03-22 16:52 ` Kevin Rodgers
From: Kevin Rodgers @ 2006-03-22 16:52 UTC (permalink / raw)

wgan wrote:
> not the text comparision function in LISP, just simply the function can
> compare 2 different text files with the kind of hightlights, much like
> what winmerge does. is there a existing script available?

Do you mean M-x ediff-files?

--
Kevin Rodgers

* Re: Is there a file compare script in emacs (or xemacs)?
@ 2006-03-22 16:57 ` Peter Dyballa
From: Peter Dyballa @ 2006-03-22 16:57 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: help-gnu-emacs

Am 22.03.2006 um 16:05 schrieb wgan:

> just simply the function can compare 2 different text files with
> the kind of hightlights, much like what winmerge does

Have you tried ediff? It's in the Tools menu ...

--
Greetings
                                  <]