all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
From: Van L <van@scratch.space>
To: Help GNU Emacs <help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org>
Subject: Re: Fossil [Was: Re: How to disable auto save on Emacs 26.1]
Date: Sun, 7 Oct 2018 00:32:44 +1000	[thread overview]

>> A complete beginner might want to try fossil.
>
> Isn’t fossil (also?) Plan9’s versioned immutable file system?

Without looking into it, I don’t know. The identical name may
at rockbottom refer to a totally different thing. The concept
is the same, I suppose.

>> It has builtin wiki, ticket tracking, and web-frontend.
>
> isn’t that even more cluttered if you don’t need that but only backups?

That depends how one approaches their mental model.
One way of seeing that is in three perspectives on
the one thing, which is undifferentiated and if it
is cluttered in detail like an unmanaged desktop that
will need to be changed by a will to be different and
to self-improve.