On Tuesday, July 23rd, 2024 at 18:48, Gerd Möllmann wrote: > Pip Cet pipcet@protonmail.com writes: > > > On Tuesday, July 23rd, 2024 at 18:37, Eli Zaretskii eliz@gnu.org wrote: > > > > > So this is IGC_OBJ_STRING_DATA, but why doesn't igc_dump_finish_obj do > > > its job in this case? What are we missing? > > > > I'm pretty sure it's the bignum thing, currently testing a fix. I > > underestimated the complexity of how bignums are dumped, and wrongly > > assumed that on 64-bit systems, we would be dumping bignums; it seems > > we don't do so anymore. (BIGNUM_DATA, unlike the bignum PVEC, doesn't > > have a header; it should, and if I add bignums to the dump manually > > things work now...). > > > > Pip > > > Ok, good to hear :-). Here's a patch which includes both a reproducer for the bug (defining a global bignum in loadup.el which then gets dumped) and a tentative fix. If bignum dumping is indeed broken on all architectures, including just the change to loadup.el should reproduce the bug even on 64-bit archs. Pip