all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* eclipse as an inferior debugger?
@ 2007-08-21 16:58 David L
From: David L @ 2007-08-21 16:58 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

Is there a way to use the eclipse debugger as an
inferior debugger in emacs?  I've seen documentation
on using ddd as an inferior debugger, but ddd seems
unmaintained and some of my colleagues are
starting to use eclipse instead.

Thanks,

               David

http://travel.msn.com/Articles/aboutfarecast.aspx&ocid=T001MSN25A07001

* Re: eclipse as an inferior debugger?
       [not found] <mailman.5060.1187715519.32220.help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org>
@ 2007-08-21 17:47 ` weber
From: weber @ 2007-08-21 17:47 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

On 21 ago, 13:58, "David L" <idh...@hotmail.com> wrote:
> Is there a way to use the eclipse debugger as an
> inferior debugger in emacs?  I've seen documentation
> on using ddd as an inferior debugger, but ddd seems
> unmaintained and some of my colleagues are
> starting to use eclipse instead.
>
> Thanks,
>
>                David

> Booking a flight? Know when to buy with airfare predictions on MSN Travel.http://travel.msn.com/Articles/aboutfarecast.aspx&ocid=T001MSN25A07001

All my colleagues use Ultraedit :)

@ 2007-08-21 23:02 ` Tom Horsley
From: Tom Horsley @ 2007-08-21 23:02 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

On Tue, 21 Aug 2007 09:58:29 -0700, David L wrote:

> Is there a way to use the eclipse debugger as an inferior debugger in
> emacs?

I don't think it matters where you use it, eclipse will always
be an inferior debugger.

(Sorry, some straight lines are too hard to resist :-).

* Re: eclipse as an inferior debugger?
@ 2007-08-22  5:05 ` Nick Roberts
From: Nick Roberts @ 2007-08-22  5:05 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: David L; +Cc: help-gnu-emacs

 > Is there a way to use the eclipse debugger as an
 > inferior debugger in emacs?  I've seen documentation
 > on using ddd as an inferior debugger, but ddd seems
 > unmaintained and some of my colleagues are
 > starting to use eclipse instead.

I'm not sure how this would work but usually configuration is done the other
way round, i.e. set Emacs to be the editor for the application with something
like:

export EDITOR=/home/nickrob/emacs/lib-src/emacsclient

* Re: eclipse as an inferior debugger?
@ 2007-08-24 21:00 ` Tom Tromey
From: Tom Tromey @ 2007-08-24 21:00 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

David> Is there a way to use the eclipse debugger as an
David> inferior debugger in emacs?  I've seen documentation
David> on using ddd as an inferior debugger, but ddd seems
David> unmaintained and some of my colleagues are
David> starting to use eclipse instead.

If you are debugging C/C++ -- which your mention of DDD seems to imply
-- then Eclipse is just using gdb under the hood, the same as Emacs.
In this case you might try the new gdba mode, which is supposed to be
a bit more GUI-like.  (I still haven't tried it.. gotta do that
someday.)

If you're debugging Java then, no, AFAIK there's no way to use the
Eclipse debugger from Emacs.

Tom