all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* vc-mode Hook to Register a Function Inserting Commit Message
@ 2008-10-27 11:58 stephan.zimmer
From: stephan.zimmer @ 2008-10-27 11:58 UTC (permalink / raw
  To: help-gnu-emacs

I use the vc-mode in emacs in combination with subversion. When doing
a commit I would like to automatically compose part of my commit
message in the *VC-log* buffer by retrieving the file that I'm
committing. Is there any easy way to do this, i.e., a hook that is
called after popping up the *VC-log* buffer?

Stephan

* Re: vc-mode Hook to Register a Function Inserting Commit Message
@ 2008-10-27 20:36 ` Ian Eure
From: Ian Eure @ 2008-10-27 20:36 UTC (permalink / raw
  To: stephan.zimmer; +Cc: help-gnu-emacs

On Oct 27, 2008, at 4:58 AM, stephan.zimmer wrote:

> I use the vc-mode in emacs in combination with subversion. When doing
> a commit I would like to automatically compose part of my commit
> message in the *VC-log* buffer by retrieving the file that I'm
> committing. Is there any easy way to do this, i.e., a hook that is
> called after popping up the *VC-log* buffer?

A quick romp through vc-mode / log-edit-mode turns up these candidates:

vc-before-checkin-hook
   "Normal hook (list of functions) run before a file is checked in."

log-edit-mode-hook
   "*Hook run when entering `log-edit-mode'."

  - Ian