all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* CC-Mode, Skeletons, Abbrevs and correct indentation
@ 2002-08-26 16:00 Gabriel Foster
From: Gabriel Foster @ 2002-08-26 16:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

Greetings,

	I'm trying to get abbrev's for if, while, for, and others to work with
cc-mode and skeletons.  I'm having troubles getting the indentation to
work correctly, and was hoping someone could point out the right
direction to go.  My definitions go as follows:

(define-skeleton my-skel-c-if-stmt
   "Insert an if statement template."
   nil
   >"if ( " _ " )"?\n
   >"{"?\n
   ?\n
   >"}"?\n
   )
(define-abbrev c++-mode-abbrev-table "if" "" my-skel-c-if-stmt)o

Given my current cc-mode setup, my if's should look like

main( )
{
     if (  )
     {

     }

// but what I end up with is:
     if (  )
         {

             }

}

I've tried various combinations of >, \n and ?\n, but with no luck so
far.  Can anyone see a way to fix this?

Thanks,

	Gabriel
	gabriel@apple.com

* Re: CC-Mode, Skeletons, Abbrevs and correct indentation
       [not found] <F0F9E5B6-B90C-11D6-97CA-00039375B5CC@mac.com>
@ 2002-08-28 14:59 ` Gabriel Foster
From: Gabriel Foster @ 2002-08-28 14:59 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hmmm...

No one seems to have a clue about how to solve this issue, or if they
do, they are not responding to this message.  I believe something is
broken here, because the skeletons are not working as documented...  In
any case, has someone succeeded in doing what I am trying to do using
ANY method?

Thanks,

	Gabriel