25 jan. 2020 kl. 18.15 skrev Eli Zaretskii : > I thought I've just shown you that disregarding this issue entirely is > still premature. I'm okay with maybe making the text less mandatory > and more a recommendation, perhaps even mentioning older Emacs > versions. But removing it entirely? what's the rush? And I thought I just showed you that 'C-x 4 a' had actually been fixed... Let's shake hands. It's perfectly normal to adjust the documentation to match the implementation; no need for foot-dragging. Your point about being nice to users of older versions is taken, though. Would this patch do? It retains the recommendation while being clear about its purpose.