all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* printing on emacs 21.4
@ 2007-03-29  4:04 LUIZ AFONSO BELLO DE CAMPOS
From: LUIZ AFONSO BELLO DE CAMPOS @ 2007-03-29  4:04 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

        Printing a text page on emacs seems somewhat puzzled...I got "spooling "
message when I do this but there is not printing output
Para fazer uma ligação DDD pra perto ou pra longe, faz um 21. A Embratel tem
tarifas muito baratas esperando por você. Aproveite!

* Re: printing on emacs 21.4
@ 2007-03-29  8:38 ` Peter Dyballa
From: Peter Dyballa @ 2007-03-29  8:38 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: LUIZ AFONSO BELLO DE CAMPOS; +Cc: help-gnu-emacs

Am 29.03.2007 um 06:04 schrieb LUIZ AFONSO BELLO DE CAMPOS:

> Printing a text page on emacs seems somewhat puzzled...I got
> "spooling "
> message when I do this but there is not printing output

Did you check your printer's queue? Has your system set a default
printer (queue)? Is in your shell environment some printer (queue)
set? Did you customise printing from GNU Emacs? Can you print the
same kind of contents as in the buffer from the command line? Have
you found that you can also PostScript print? So, what did you print,
PostScript or something different? And to print what is your real
printer made for? When you halt the queue or remove the printer from
your system (hoping it's nor serial or parallel!)  or close the
wireless connection, what do you see in the printers queue?

--
Greetings

   Pete

When confronted with actual numbers, a mathematician is at a loss.
                                          (Steffen Hokland)