On Mon, May 2, 2016 at 5:18 PM, Eli Zaretskii wrote: > > From: jsynacek@redhat.com (Jan Synáček) > > Date: Mon, 02 May 2016 12:32:04 +0200 > > > > 1) Install emacs and run 'emacs ' from the command line. > > > > The file is opened, but you have to switch to its buffer because, for > > some reason, the splash screen stays as the current buffer. You can work > > around this by running emacs with '--no-splash'. > > I cannot reproduce this. I get either the file's buffer alone in its > frame, or a 2-window frame with file displayed in the selected window, > and the splash screen in the other one. > > Are you sure it's not some of the customizations that run from your > ~/.emacs or site-start file? > ​I can reproduce the problem when running '​ emacs -q --no-site-file ​file'. I'm trying this on Fedora Rawhide with emacs built without any patches. However, there seems to be a bug in gtk3 that makes emacs start in a very small window, which cannot be split. Might that be the problem? When I run 'emacs -q --no-site-file ​file -mm file', I *sometimes* get the split and sometimes see only the splash screen. -- Jan Synacek Software Engineer, Red Hat