all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
@ 2012-07-20 14:47 Sze Chan
From: Sze Chan @ 2012-07-20 14:47 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

For my shared hosting account and for work, I am using emacs 21.4.1.
I dislike emacs editing in php mode so I created an init.el and emacs.el
file in ~/.emacs.d

it does not load the configuration file.  please help!

Sze
sze.chan@acm.org

* Re: loading configuration file for emacs 21.4.1
@ 2012-07-20 19:56 ` Peter Dyballa
From: Peter Dyballa @ 2012-07-20 19:56 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Sze Chan; +Cc: help-gnu-emacs

Am 20.07.2012 um 16:47 schrieb Sze Chan:

> it does not load the configuration file.

GNU Emacs load the file to which the variable user-init-file points. So, either adjust your two file names to the proper one or set the variable that it names the init file. Another file is addressed by the variable custom-file.

--
Greetings

  Pete

"Indentation?! I will show you how to indent when I indent your skull!"

* Re: loading configuration file for emacs 21.4.1
@ 2012-07-20 20:05   ` Sze Chan
From: Sze Chan @ 2012-07-20 20:05 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Peter Dyballa; +Cc: help-gnu-emacs