Thanks for replying.. i thought there was to override the user-init-file variable. emacs has been around for so long, surely there is a way to have emacs load a custom init.el or emacs.el file. Sze On Fri, Jul 20, 2012 at 3:56 PM, Peter Dyballa wrote: > > Am 20.07.2012 um 16:47 schrieb Sze Chan: > > > it does not load the configuration file. > > GNU Emacs load the file to which the variable user-init-file points. So, > either adjust your two file names to the proper one or set the variable > that it names the init file. Another file is addressed by the variable > custom-file. > > -- > Greetings > > Pete > > "Indentation?! I will show you how to indent when I indent your skull!" > >