On Fri, Mar 18, 2016 at 11:24 AM, Marcin Borkowski wrote: > Hi, > > since I'm planning to start contributing to Emacs, and I don't want to > break something, I'd like to learn which branches are exactly for what > and what should I do (assuming I will get write access at some point) - > for instance, should I create small branches for my patches? Should > they be branched from master? > > I think right now almost all new features and bug fixed are using branch emacs-25, AFAIK once emacs-25 is considered stable enough it is merged with master branch. > Is there any document explaining this things? If not, I'd be happy to > write one (once I know that myself). > > Best, > some time ago Nicolas Petton send a url for a new website for emacs may be he added some info about this. Meanwhile I suggest you to take a look at the mailing list archive to see how it went for others. http://nicolas-petton.fr/ressources/emacs-website/ I myself struggled with this same situation where there is not an easy intro for new developers. > > -- > Marcin Borkowski > http://octd.wmi.amu.edu.pl/en/Marcin_Borkowski > Faculty of Mathematics and Computer Science > Adam Mickiewicz University > >